The best Ultimate Superhero dream team
It’s the year 2079 and the world as we know it is no more.
Human beings have ceased to exist. We were replaced by a race of advanced mutants each armed with a genetically determined superpower. It is now a world that the great Magneto had envisioned, with mutants living in peace and prosperity. And you are a such a mutant.
In this advanced civilization, Ultimate Frisbee has become the only professional sport due to its clear superiority over all other sports. It is played by everyone, and in every corner of the world where the legal marijuana plants can be found. It is indeed an odd coincidence.
Despite your best efforts, you managed to just barely graduate from Mutant University, leaving you with no employment opportunities. But luck shines and you. Your rich uncle who you’ve never met has just passed away leaving no one to manage the professional Ultimate Frisbee team he owns. The job is now yours, and the pay ain’t bad either.
Due to another strange coincidence, every one of the former players became a free agent this year and has decided to sign with other clubs. You can recruit any 7 superheros to play for your team. Who do you choose?
Here are the rules and limitation for the World Ultimate Frisbee League
1. The players you choose must have at one time been, or is currently a superhero in a comic, cartoon, or movie. Villains are not allowed, at least for this league. Deceased superheros may be resurrected for the purpose of this game.
2. Each superhero may only choose one superpower to use during the entirety of the game. At no point may any player use multiple powers or a combination of powers. Example: Superman may fly, but he cannot use his laser eyes. Speed and strength are not considered super powers.
Restricted powers: Teleportation, invisibility, stopping time, and mind control. These powers may be used only with the agreement of the opposing captain.
3. If the superhero does not have superpowers (batman) s/he may choose one and only one weapon or tool to use. Superheros with superpowers may not use weapons or tools, however, they may forgo using their superpower for the ability to use a weapon or tool.
4. Powers may not be used to injure or kill opposing players. Powers may also not be used to remove opposing players from play. Such actions will result in automatic forfeit of the game. Inhibiting opposing players from play is allowed, e.g. freezing, binding, disorienting.
5. The disc to be used is the standard 175 gram Discraft Ultrastar. The disc may not be destroyed during game play. Destruction of the disc counts as an automatic score for the opposing team.
6. The field is an expanded Ultimate Frisbee field. 300 yards long, 120 yards wide, with 2 30 yard deep end zones. The field may not be altered or destroyed in any way, such actions will result in automatic forfeit.
7. UPA 10th edition rules will apply. 2 observers will be present to settle any disputed calls. The observers may not be harmed or mind controlled, although they can be seduced.
Now choose your team!
Your first match will be against the reigning world champions the United Alliance, and this is who they have.
Coach – Professor X. He’ll know what you and your team is thinking before you realize it yourself.
1. Superman, Deep threat – Super fast, super strong, can fly, has laser and x-ray vision, literally has too many powers to list.
2. Captain America, handler- The dude is a natural with a disc. He is the primary handler/puller/hucker of the team.
3. Mr. Fantastic, defender – The best defender you could face. He can get d blocks like a mother*&$ker.
4. Jean Grey, all around/disc manipulation – Telekinesis, nuff said. Could destroy the world if she gets mad and becomes Phoenix, so don’t get her mad.
5. Storm, defender/disc manipulation – Wind makes throws difficult, now how bout a tornado? Watch out for lighting bolts.
6. Flash, popper – The fastest thing on two feet.
7. The Haitian (Heroes), defender against powers – The Ultimate defense, can take away the powers of your entire team. Downside is, his team loses their powers too.
This team has speed (Superman, Flash), handling ability (Captain America), defense (Mr. Fantastic, the Haitian), and environmental control (Storm, Jean Grey). It will be very tough if not impossible to beat this team under the given restrictions. So give it your best shot.
You must choose a coach, and 7 players who can defeat this team. Choose a strategy that will neutralize their advantages and leverage your advantages. Prepare a plan of attack. Good luck.
Let the creative juices flow, and let’s get ready to rumbllllllllllLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!!! Superhero style.